Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Trying French Workplace

Quick update about my awesome job:

Pritha's Morning

  1. woke up, had breakfast with someone new
  2. procrastinated until 930 online
  3. took a walk along the Seine (yes, that is my commute to work)
  4. went to Shaksepeare and Co. where only one woman spoke French. I pretended I didn't speak English. She directed me to her favorite cafe, as the bookstore had yet to open
  5. found a better cafe. bought a cafe au lait and enjoyed it inside the store of INCREDIBLE SMELLING BREAD PRODUCTS. spent 4,70 € (wtf?)
  6. walked to work. found another amazing bakery. told the woman I only had 1,30 € and she directed me to a whole shelf of products under 2€. This is how the tourists get fat: all they can afford are French pastries. bought a croissant a la noix du coco for 1€
Also: French keyboards? super annoying. This took me forever to type. Procrastination win. Kay back to work. Love my life.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah's Morning

    1. woke up, had breakfast with myself, but BLUEBERRY PANCAKES :)
    2. still procrastinating
    3. went to Wal-Mart and the mall with Rohan. felt scarily like we were married when we were at wal-mart, hoping to not feel like that ever again. looked for swim stuff with him and realized that my boyfriend only likes strange colors such as orange and green. still deciding how much it troubles me.
    5. had a burger at wendy's, had a lot of ice
    6. got back to the equad. am making pretty pictures of light intensities propagating. managed to freeze up matlab and my mac because i asked it to calculate like a 10,000x10,000 matrix. currently trying to figure out my program.

    Also: I know my day sounds nowhere NEAR as glorious as yours, but it's really not bad at all. it's a nice, relaxing life. of course, the Princeton scenery is nothing like Paris. Kay back to work. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. French keyboards suck. The A should not be where the Q is. Good luck with accents.

    ReplyDelete